Wherein I lose my marbles and start tearing my hair out
June 29, 2011
Dear Bruins fans. 100% of Habs fans did not call 911 over the Chara-Pacioretty hit. Thank you.
- Also, just because you cheer for the one team out of sixteen that came out on top does not mean you suddenly know so much more about hockey than you did on June 14th. Your smug opinions about my and 28 other teams are best kept to yourself or told to your cat. Thank you.
- Dear Leafs fans. “Paul Holmgren wanted Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn more than he wanted Nikolai Kulemin and Nazem Khadri” is NOT “Brian Burke missed an opportunity to acquire Mike Richards.” Stop crying about something that was always a long shot.
- Also, who did you expect him to land at the draft that makes you this disappointed in the way it turned out?
- Dear Canucks fans. Stop hating on Jonathan Toews because he brings a better package than every player your team has at every position. Kindly use the space below to show me evidence that he doesn’t if you’re so sure, but do it with the expectation that I’m going to link the comments for all to see and possibly poke fun at.
- Also, whining about Pavel Bure when the rest of us are pissed about Pat Burns being snubbed yet again just makes you look like a bunch of assholes.
- Dear Lightning fans. Steve Yzerman is not stupid. Thank you.
- And finally, dear Habs fans. If I hear ONE more of you say that the Jaroslav Halak trade should have brought more return, I’m going to put you in goal against Shea Weber myself. The Stanley Cup winning netminder was allowed to walk because his team felt $2.75-million was too much (Halak makes $3.75). THEY CHOSE MARTY TURCO OVER HIM. And for Koivu’s sake, the Habs got a roster player (a large, skilled, young, center) and a Bulldog for the rights to negotiate with Halak. How much more did you want? I hope a Lars Eller shot hits you in the larynx one day.
- Dear All Of The Above. Did you see what Paul Holmgren just did? I would like to point out that Philadelphia Flyers fans have looked like the sanest fanbase out of all of us in the last week. Just sayin’…
Sigh. I feel better now.