Bruins-Habs Game 6: TOW Everything happened
April 27, 2011
- We apologize for our tardiness. It’s Jonathan Toews’ fault.
- It’s cute how Vancouver is celebrating this like they won the Stanley Cup. I mean, I’m not one to talk, being a Habs fan and everything, but I mean really.
- How about that Corey Crawford? The hockey gods are cruel, cruel, cruel.
- May Nashville become their new Chigaco.
- Back to our Habs – how about that strange, strange game?
- Jacques Martin’s efforts to make hockey as dull and uneventful as possible were thwarted by the officials, who apparently thought it was a great idea to ingest some illegal substances before they took the ice.
- Every time Boston gets a power play opportunity, I think, “will this be the one, will this be the one” and then it’s not. The law of averages states that eeeep.
- Brad Marchand was warned he would get a penalty if he didn’t get his ass out of Carey’s face. So of course he went and stuck his ass in Carey’s face and got a penalty.
- Just because a player returns to the game doesn’t suddenly mean he wasn’t hit from behind, oh, ye of Recchian faith…
- That “Everything is happening!” call by Bob Cole may go down as the greatest call of this year’s playoffs.
- I pledged my future children’s names on the outcome of last night’s game. Now I don’t know what to pledge for tonight.
- To Claude Julien, who believes his team outplayed the Habs at even strength, I submit the first two periods of that game. Yes, they planted a flag in the Canadiens’ zone during the third, and yes, they proceeded to build houses and form a municipal government in the Canadiens’ zone in the third by the time the game was over, but they did not outplay the Habs for the first two periods of that game.
- No, they didn’t.
- If you don’t want to lose faith in humanity, don’t run a Twitter search for PK Subban’s name.
- Speaking of PK Subban, good to see him settle down in Home Game 3. What an excellent game he played.
- Still, can we have Wiz back now?
- You can tell when the Canadiens get tired – the Bruins start winning footraces.
- What do you get when you throw more than 40 highly-conditioned dudes running on adrenaline and mutual hatred in an enclosed space for an hour? You get tonight. Nervous?