Surprise bullet points
November 17, 2010
Because if any game deserved them, it was this one.
- ‘Gong show’ might be one of my favourite ways to describe stuff and both the Flyers and the game officials delivered in spades.
- Remember the old version of the Flyers that couldn’t catch a Hab if they added jet engines to their skates? Yeah, this game was almost too fast for my brain at stretches there. So much fun.
- Except when the Flyers were decapitating the Habs, that is.
- So. Um. Carey Price. I am a writer with no words. WITH NO WORDS.
- You know who else has no words? Go on. Guess.
- THAT WAS BOARDING. Too bad Jeff Halpern’s head falling off and rolling all over the ice couldn’t sell that, even though THAT WAS BOARDING.
- That was also pretty scary. I hope he’s okay.
- Has the Bell Centre really played the theme from The Price Is Right a couple of times in the last couple of games?
- I don’t know what it is about the Flyers, I really don’t, but I had thought they had reached the limit of dirtiness and that it was impossible to get any dirtier than they already were. I am wrong about a lot of things, including that.
- Little Captain play Big Game.
- I just got off the phone with Markov’s knee. It wants you all to know that it’s not happy about all the gossip and to ask you how you would like it if people didn’t ask you before they went around saying shit about you?
- I’m starting to get really confused thanks to the Leafs fans that think Luke Schenn is hotter than Carey Price. What the what the what?
- Lapierre got his ass kicked standing up for his teammates. He dropped the gloves and everything. You have to love it.
- So, like, if the Habs power play regresses again, maybe the team should consider trading for Jody Shelley and Darrol Powe, since they’re such essential pieces of the Flyers PP and everything. All class, those Flyers.
- PK Subban is crazy.
- That Plekanec goal is still blowing my mind with its awesomeness. Blowing my mind, yo.
- Plekanec’s play is unreal. Unreal. I will go on the record and say if he continues to play like this, then I was very, very wrong about what I kept saying about his salary all summer.
- So the Habs are going to Philly on Monday. I’m not sure I even care whether they win or lose. I just want them to survive the game.
- What’s uglier than a Philadelphia Flyer? If you guessed a Toronto Maple Leaf, then congratulations you have eyes. Bring on Saturday.