Flyers – Habs Game 2: I have seen this movie before. I know how it ends.
This series: you know when you have a piece of popcorn kernel stuck between two teeth and you can’t find any dental floss anywhere?
A slightly-darker-haired theactivestick got home in time to see the second and third periods of this game, so I’m not entirely sure how the first one went, but here are your bullet points anyway:
- Shut out twice in a row despite outshooting their opponent? Ça ne sent pas la coupe, Habs fans.
- This reeks of 2008, minus Biron standing on his head. Leighton hasn’t been busy and he’s seen each and every shot the Habs have directed his way.
- I don’t know if Chris Pronger’s got any daughters, but good luck to their future boyfriends.
- What’s most alarming is not that the Habs are unable to score, nor that they are buying property and putting down roots in the penalty box, but that they have suddenly become porous. Who is clearing the crease? Is anyone blocking shots? Why are the Flyers able to do what Crosby and Malkin couldn’t?
- I don’t know if it was CBC or TSN that pointed out the the Flyers have figured Halak out. It’s not that they know something the other two teams didn’t… it’s just that the other two teams had people between them and Halak’s high-blocker-side area.
- That said, Halak was the furthest thing from brilliant last night.
- Why wasn’t O’Byrne playing, again?
- Just imagine what the Flyers are going to look like when Laperriere and Jeff Carter come back.
- Yes, everybody on the internet, now we know how the Penguins and Caps fans feel.
- Philadelphia: where Grace Kelly was from. Oh, and…
- You know who I miss? Derian Hatcher. lolz.
- The penalty box seems to be Scott Gomez’s happy place as of late. IT ALWAYS RESULTS IN A GOAL ASKJLFKDJSKSALKJDSKJF
- Why the hell wasn’t O’Byrne playing?
- Okay, JM tried the SK74 thing. It didn’t work. Now let’s try O’Byrne.
- O’Byrne O’Byrne O’Byrne O’Byrne.
- I decided to change the appearance of the blog a little bit, as a first step to making it look…not like a term paper. Check out these “bullet points.” Yeah how do I fix this?
- These Habs made us believe they could do it… how’s your faith, Habs fans?