April 11, 2011
You know that feeling? That mix of nervous excitement that makes you nauseous all day until it’s time to have a dozen heart attacks within three hours? Welcome back, playoffs. We’ve missed you.
- The three of you who are still reading this blog might be happy to know that the bullet points will be back for every game of the Canadiens’ playoff run.
- What’s crazier: your average NHL goalie, or Ryan White?
- Tummy Thomas would like to know if the Boston Bruins are planning to win the Cup this year please and thanks, as he’s getting tired of keeping that window propped open and he doesn’t know how much longer he can hold on.
- The best thing about the Montreal Canadiens’ regular season is the redemption of Carey Price. Would you believe there are still haters that think he can’t play well in the playoffs? “He’s tired,” they say. “He’s burnt out,” they say. “The playoffs are a different season,” they say. “He hasn’t proven much in the playoffs,” they say. “Remember 2008,” they say. *Death stare* Carey says.
- When their games no longer matter, some teams will have fun out on the ice, and some will count down the minutes until their summer vacation. During Saturday’s game against Toronto, it looked like the Habs were playing with their food before eating it. Instead of gooning it up and trying to take out Canadiens, as I thought they would, the Leafs counted the minutes (and Habs breakaways) until the end of their season while Price and PK joyfully waltzed around the ACC.
- The best comment I’ve ever heard about Glenn Healy comes from my good friend Kyle Roussel. He thinks that, rather than tell us what’s going on on the ice, Glenn Healy is playing NHL ’11 on the HNIC set and is telling us what’s going on in his own video game.
- Jonathan Toews belongs in the playoffs. He just does.
- So does Sid. Sniff.
- Fun as it was to watch the Minnesota Wild play their first game that mattered in a long time, the look on Brendan Morrows’ face at the end of that game? Heartbreaking. Sad that Dallas didn’t make it in, with the season they’ve had.
- Why is it that every year, without fail, the least watchable playoff series features the Buffalo Sabres?
- I am sick of the Boston Bruins. I am sick of seeing them on my TV. I am sick of seeing them live, in person. I am sick of talking about them. I am sick of hearing about them. I am sick of their media. I am sick of their fans. I am sick of that damn bear. I am sick of Zdeno Chara, Tim Thomas, Mark Recchi, Brad Marchand, and Milan Lucic. I am sick of Claude Julien. I am sick of the Boston Bruins, and I can’t wait for this series to start. Drop the puck already.